Do you love yoga? Are you ready to start a new journey with the potential for a new career? Do you want to deepen your yoga practice and learn how to assist others on their yoga journey? Then join us at the Yoga Centre Academy for our 200 hour teacher training in Somerset!
The Yoga Centre Academy is a 200-hour registered yoga school with The Yoga Alliance. Our program is designed to follow the Yoga Alliance's teaching standards. Upon graduation of the program, students are eligible to register with the Yoga Alliance as a 200 HR RYT.The Yoga Centre Academy offers an intimate program with small class sizes at a privately-owned studio in Somerset, Kentucky. There is a potential for employment at our studio upon graduation.
Our program flows over a 12-month period, starting in October with a 2-day retreat at Moonglow Farms and Yoga Retreats for a weekend of self-care. This retreat helps nurture your mind with a focus on mindfulness and meditation, and nurture your body with organic foods, rest, and relaxation.The program continues over the year with a graduation ceremony the following October. Modules include yoga history, ethics and philosophy, functional anatomy, meditation, correct yoga posture and alignment, how to modify yoga poses for your students, how to create dynamic yoga classes to help gain and retain students, and the business aspect of yoga. Classes are the second Saturday and Sunday of each month.
The weekend modules are intense, full weekends. The full program requires a significant time commitment so please consider your availability before registering.
• A minimum of 1 year of consistent Hatha yoga practice is required.
• To meet Yoga Alliance’s requirements for a 200-hour Registration, attendance at all modules is mandatory.
• Prior to acceptance into the program, each applicant will be required to attend a class with Connie Willis. (exceptions can be made for out of town students)
• All written assignments and projects must be completed to receive certification.
• Attendance at all modules is mandatory. Credit will not be given for partial attendance. One missed module can be made up during the program session. If more than one module is missed, that module must be made up during next teacher training.
• A certificate will be issued once all requirements have been met - successful completion of all modules in their entirety, all assignments and full payment is received.
$3,000 for Full program (payment plan option is available)
$750 Non-refundable deposit to hold your place in the program (deposit used towards payment of program)
Program staff pictured here:
Constance Willis- 500hr RYT and YACEP, program director, studio owner, and lead educator
Tina Smith- 200hr RYT and educator
Sandi Frost- 200hr RYT, Anatomy Program director and educator